Environment and Sustainability
Environmental, Green Business and ESG
Whether your involvement in environmental issues is corporate, commercial, or nonprofit, the Environmental, Green Business and ESG practice at PRCG | Haggerty has the breadth of experience and depth of understanding to help meet your goals.
PRCG has worked with corporate and nonprofit clients on environmental, sustainability and green business issues for nearly two decades.
- For more than 15 years, PRCG worked with major environmental organizations on a variety of public relations initiatives, including the development of a paper recycling mill in New York City, sustainable development issues, carbon capture and market-based climate initiatives, along with general crisis and media response, media and message training, and communications during legal and regulatory matters.
- PRCG consulted with Bloomberg LP on strategy and execution of the launch of Bloomberg New Energy Finance, which provides insight, data, and news on the transformation of the energy sector.
- PRCG served for nearly a decade as principal outside consultant to the Hugo Neu Corporation, an internationally known green investment and operating company with interests in recycling, real estate, water and cleantech companies. Among other initiatives, PRCG led communications efforts surrounding the reintroduction of curbside recycling in the City of New York.
- PRCG was lead outside PR representative for Sims Metal Management, the largest recycling company in the world, for more than five years.
- PRCG has also worked with several developers on issues related to green building and LEED certification, advised one of the nation’s largest trucking companies on sustainability issues, and worked with major companies on Social and Governance issues (ESG), working with its network of affiliates across the globe.
- In the area of litigation communications, PRCG has worked on a range of environmental issues—including with Native American water issues in the Southwest, and with plaintiffs’ attorneys in California on major litigation over the use of the dangerous pesticide chlorpyrifos in farming communities.